These scones are so light and flavorful. I love to snack on these lovely treats while having a cup of my favorite tea. You can add any flavor or fruit you want to this recipe. Instead of the traditional raisins I added cranberries and orange zest.
Here we go!
Classic Scones – Grand Floridian
4 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons baking powder
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons shortening
3 eggs beaten
1 ¼ cups milk
1 cup golden raisins
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add the margarine and shortening into the flour and mix until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Combine the beaten eggs and milk in another bowl. Stir in the flour mixture just until the dough comes together. Fold in the raisins.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to about ½ inch thickness. With a 2 inch round cutter, cut out 40 scones and move them to a lightly greased baking sheet. If you don’t have a cutter, you do them by hand. Bake the scones for 12 to 15 minutes or until they are light brown. Serve with Devonshire cream or butter and jam.
*If you want a sweeter scone you can sprinkle them with sugar before baking.
Category: 365 In Home Disney Dining Challenge
About the Author (Author Profile)
Ashley has been a fan of the Mouse since early childhood. Her love of Disney has grown through the years with Disney’s culture in food, resorts, attractions and entertainment. She is a foodie and loves sharing her passion for cuisine through her writing. She vows that nothing brings people together like a wonderful meal and great conversation. She enjoys cooking, fine dining, photography and traveling.
Ashley is an avid believer that while you are at Disney everyone is a kid again. She is also the Social Media Director of socomradio.com as well as a co-host of Pirate Radio on the station.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Classic Scones – Grand Floridian | DisneyDigest | May 17, 2012