Are you looking for some spooky treats to create for Halloween? Spoonful.com has some unique recipes that bring the family together to spend not only quality time, but fun times in the kitchen. They have recipes for all ages and cooking capabilities. These spider creepy cupcakes will be the centerpiece for your next Halloween party and they are really easy to make. You will need…
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Chocolate Frosting
- Chocolate Sprinkles (hair)
- 2 pieces of eye-type candy (we used colored marshmallows)
- 1 package of black string lace licorice or black twist licorice cut into thin pieces (legs)
- Optional: toothpick
- Use a box cake mix to bake your cupcakes by following the directions on the box. You can also bake from scratch if you are feeling adventurous.
- Frost the cupcake with chocolate frosting and cover with sprinkles.
3. Press the eyes into place and you can use black tube icing to dot the eye or a toothpick with a small amount of the frosting.
4. Use scissors to cut eight 4-inch pieces of licorice for the legs. Holding all of the legs together in a bunch, bend them in half and crease. Push the end of each leg into the cupcake as shown.
What fun holiday treats do you make for Halloween?
About the Author (Author Profile)
Ashley has been a fan of the Mouse since early childhood. Her love of Disney has grown through the years with Disney’s culture in food, resorts, attractions and entertainment. She is a foodie and loves sharing her passion for cuisine through her writing. She vows that nothing brings people together like a wonderful meal and great conversation. She enjoys cooking, fine dining, photography and traveling.
Ashley is an avid believer that while you are at Disney everyone is a kid again. She is also the Social Media Director of socomradio.com as well as a co-host of Pirate Radio on the station.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Spoonful Hairy Spider Cupcakes | DisneyDigest | October 24, 2012