Love is in the air in the Disney Parks. As part of Limited Time Magic, this weeklong (February 11-17) Valentine celebration is filled with events for couples, friends and families. Here are some of the magical events taking place at the Walt Disney World Resort.
•Blushing Castle: At dusk, hues of pink, red, lavender and blue bathe Cinderella Castle with themed lighting synced to musical melodies adding to the ambiance.
•Dinners for Two: Candlelit dinners for two with prix fixe menus at select restaurants during the most romantic week of the year. Specially created menus at Artist Point (Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort); The Wave of American Flavors (Disney’s Contemporary Resort); Hollywood Brown Derby (Disney’s Hollywood Studios); and Yachtsman Steakhouse (Disney’s Yacht Club Resort) make an ideal setting for a romantic evening. To book visit Disneyworld.com or call 407/WDW-DINE.
•Valentine’s-themed Takeaways: Limited-edition pins, plushes, newly-designed apparel and Vinylmation available at select merchandise locations.
•Romantic Setting: Guests will feel the romance at every turn, as banners proclaiming True Love, heart-shaped signage and sweetheart-themed décor adorn Magic Kingdom Park.
•Royal Gathering: The rare opportunity to get a photo with Disney Princes as they escort their Princesses to enchanting character greeting locations.
One thing I really enjoy during special events and holidays at the Walt Disney Resort is the prix fixe menus. This is a great way to experience Disney’s unique cuisine with specialty changes. I know for most of us who travel to the resort frequently we have our favorite spots, but this is a fun treat. Artist Point, Hollywood Brown Derby, Shutters, The Wave and Yachtsman Steakhouse have some great menus prepared and you can view them here.
And here are some of the “Limited Time Magic” surprises at Disneyland Resort:
- Cupcake Lovers: Chefs have prepared a specially themed Valentine’s dessert: a chocolate cupcake with raspberry mousse filling and dark chocolate mousse frosting. It will be available at Jolly Holiday Bakery Café in Disneyland park; Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café and Pacific Wharf Café in Disney California Adventure park; and Disneyland Hotel Coffee House.
- Romantic Setting: Guests will feel the romance at every turn, as heart-shaped signage and sweetheart-themed décor adorn Disneyland park, making it an ideal place to celebrate Valentine’s week.
- Blushing Castle: At dusk, hues of red and pink will bathe Sleeping Beauty Castle, with projections of flowers and hearts.
- Floral Heart: A giant floral heart makes a sweet setting for a Valentine photo, in Town Square, Main Street, U.S.A., in Disneyland park.
- Valentine Wishes: Flowers, garlands and decorative doves will create a second ideal photo location around Snow White Wishing Well near Sleeping Beauty Castle. At night, magical lighting adds a romantic touch to the wishing well and Snow White Grotto.
- Disneyland Sweethearts: Also near Town Square, guests will find a photo location with resident Disneyland sweethearts – Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Daisy Duck.
- Dinners for Two: Romantic dinners for two with prix fixe menus will be offered at select restaurants during the most romantic week of the year. Specially created menus at Blue Bayou and Café Orleans in Disneyland park, Carthay Circle Restaurant in Disney California Adventure park, Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel or Napa Rose in Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa make ideal choices for a romantic evening. To book call 714-781-DINE (714-781-3463).
- Valentine’s-themed Takeaways: Limited-edition pins, plush, newly designed apparel and Vinylmations will be available at select merchandise locations.
- Ears for your Sweetheart: The classic Disneyland ear hat gets a total glitz makeover just in time for the most romantic time of the year. It will dazzle your Valentine and become the most sophisticated pair of ears in your collection.
- Royal Romance: Guests will enjoy a rare opportunity to get photos of Disney Princes as they escort their Princesses along The Royal Walk in Fantasyland. In New Orleans Square, guests will find another pair of sweethearts, Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen.
- In Search of True Love: Guests may also encounter the Wandering Wallflowers, Lady Tremaine and Cinderella’s Stepsisters, in search of “true loves” of their own.
For more information about “Limited Time Magic,” guests may visit www.LimitedTimeMagic.com or search for Twitter hashtag #LimitedTimeMagic.
- NEWS: New Menu at Capt. Cook’sDisney Parks Blog has given us a new update on Disney’s Polynesian Village. This is one of my favorite places to stay at the Walt Disney World Resort. Disney’s Polynesian Village has had a major makeover this year and Capt. Cook’s is debuting an all new menu! The cuisine is comfort food with an island twist. Some of the new items are blackened fish tacos,