It’s almost that time of year again, that’s right Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. Disney released some new information about the festival now in its 18th year from Sept. 27-Nov. 11, 2013 at Walt Disney World Resort.
A new kiosk featuring the country of Scotland.
Brazil kiosks returns after a year hiatus with a new menu.
Nightly Eat to the Beat concerts will be back and five bands will make their festival debut this year.
Ocean Spray Cranberry Bog will return for a third year.
More celebrity chefs
I am looking forward to another year of culinary goodness. The idea of a new kiosk and added musical acts is a great way to keep the party going. This year I will be returning to cook it up with the retro rad girl herself, Chef Emily Ellyn for her Kitchen Memories luncheon. It was an epic experience and we are totally excited to be there once again!
Here is Disney’s official release….
Fresh for 2013:
New marketplace debuts; favorites return -Traditional flavors with a twist will pair with beers, meads and Scotch at the new Scotland Marketplace designed by Walt Disney Imagineering. Scottish officials were so impressed with the hit Disney film, “Brave,” that they contacted festival planners about participating in this year’s festival. The Brazil Marketplace returns by popular demand with an exciting new menu following a one-year hiatus. Hawai’i is back with its flavorful Kalua Pork Slider, and Terra, which debuted last year, returns with vegan favorite Trick’n Chicken Curry.
Fan favorites rock the house at Eat to the Beat! Concerts – “We Got the Beat” with the Go-Go’s (Sept. 30-Oct. 1) and four other musical acts are set to make first appearances at Eat to the Beat nightly concerts. Also new to the festival stage: Edwin McCain (Oct. 10-11), The Manhattan Transfer (Oct. 12-13), Spin Doctors (Oct. 31-Nov. 1), and Christopher Cross (Nov. 2-3) Nineteen bands are slated, with STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas kicking off the concert series Sept. 27-29. Returning fan favorites include The Pointer Sisters, Smash Mouth, Boyz II Men, Sister Hazel, Air Supply, Hanson and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.
Celebrity chefs cook and dish – Renowned chefs like Warren Brown, Paula DaSilva, Gale Gand, Jamie Deen, Robert Irvine, Dean Max, Rock Harper, Jeff Henderson, Art Smith, Buddy Valastro, Allen Susser, “Cake Boy” Eric Lanlard, Duskie Estes and John Stewart, Donald Link, Bryan Voltaggio and Emily Ellyn share their talents during culinary demos and premium events.
Festival Welcome Center buzzes with activities – Guests can make the most of complimentary Authentic Taste seminars. Culinary demonstrations and wine seminars feature new tastes and sips for a nominal fee.
Reserved culinary events draw foodies — Special culinary programs showcase a lineup of renowned winemakers, guest chefs and speakers like Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson as they participate in elegant dinners, luncheons, seminars and wine schools.
Other festival highlights include:
- More than 270 chefs including Disney chefs and culinary stars from across the country
- A complimentary Marketplace Discovery Passport to be stamped at each international marketplace visited for the perfect scrapbook souvenir.
- Party for the Senses grand tasting events Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26, and Nov. 2 featuring tempting bites from eminent chefs, more than 50 wines and beers and live entertainment.
- Premium events including “3D” Disney’s Dessert Discovery on select Fridays, Cheese Seminars on Saturdays and Sweet Sundays on Sundays.
Included with your Epcot park admission: the Authentic Taste seminars, Ocean Spray Cranberry Bog, special book signings, Eat to the Beat! concerts, cultural adventures, Marketplace Discovery Passport and all attractions and park entertainment are included with regular Epcot admission.
Remember you will need to make special advanced reservations for The Party for the Senses grand tasting events and other special wine and culinary programs require reservations and separate event admission. Guests will be able to call 407/WDW-FEST (939-3378) to make reservations after an August date is announced. Information and reservations for select events and programs will be at www.epcotfoodfestival.com.
- Review: Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs Signature CollectionWalt Disney Studios is debuting a new movie collection series called The Walt Disney Signature Collection. This includes Disney films re-released with special features and unique digital experiences. “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” is the first of the new releases to launch. The new in-depth bonus material is a must watch for any […]