Here is a great recipe for those of you looking for amazing Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies!
½ cup vegan butter (Earth Balance)
1 cup agave
3 Tbs brown rice syrup
1/3 cup crunchy unsweetened peanut butter
1 Tsp pure vanilla extract
1 ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
½ cup quick rolled oats
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
Unsweetened almond milk, as needed
1 cup of nondairy, grain sweetened chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine buttery spread, agave and peanut butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. Cook whisking until smooth and creamy about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
3. Mix together flour, oats, salt and cinnamon. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients to form a spoonable batter. If too thick or dry, add ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk. Fold in chocolate chips and mix all together evenly.
4. With wet hands, roll tablespoons of dough into balls and place onto baking sheets. Press a wet fork into each cookie crosswise. Bake 12-15 minutes. Transfer to cool completely.
About the Author (Author Profile)
Ashley has been a fan of the Mouse since early childhood. Her love of Disney has grown through the years with Disney’s culture in food, resorts, attractions and entertainment. She is a foodie and loves sharing her passion for cuisine through her writing. She vows that nothing brings people together like a wonderful meal and great conversation. She enjoys cooking, fine dining, photography and traveling.
Ashley is an avid believer that while you are at Disney everyone is a kid again. She is also the Social Media Director of socomradio.com as well as a co-host of Pirate Radio on the station.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Tweets that mention Vegan Cookies : A Cup of Disney -- Topsy.com | December 20, 2010