Here is another great recipe that is completely Gluten Free! Enjoy.
3 large egg whites (room temperature)
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
¾ cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 200. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Separate one egg at a time into a small bowl, let the white fall into the bowl and throw away the yolk. You can’t let any of the yellow yolk into the bowl or you will have to start over.
3. Add cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat with an electric mixer on medium high speed until soft peaks form. Slowly add sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time, until all the sugar has been added. Continue beating until the whites are stiff and glossy. Add vanilla and beat for 30 seconds more.
4. Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven Place a small amount of the meringue under each corner of the paper to secure it to the pan. Fill a 1-quart sealable plastic bag (or pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch plain tip) with the meringue. Seal the bag almost completely, leaving a small opening for air to escape from the top as you squeeze. Snip off one corner of the bag with scissors, making a 3/4-inch-wide opening. Fold the top of the bag over a few times, and then gently push the meringue down to the snipped corner. Pipe the meringue into 1 1/2-inch-diameter cookies, spacing them about 1/2 inch apart.
5. Bake the cookies until dry and crisp throughout, about 1 1/2 hours. Transfer the pans to wire racks and let the cookies cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
About the Author (Author Profile)
Ashley has been a fan of the Mouse since early childhood. Her love of Disney has grown through the years with Disney’s culture in food, resorts, attractions and entertainment. She is a foodie and loves sharing her passion for cuisine through her writing. She vows that nothing brings people together like a wonderful meal and great conversation. She enjoys cooking, fine dining, photography and traveling.
Ashley is an avid believer that while you are at Disney everyone is a kid again. She is also the Social Media Director of socomradio.com as well as a co-host of Pirate Radio on the station.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Tweets that mention Meringues (Gluten Free) : A Cup of Disney -- Topsy.com | December 20, 2010